Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Laughter and the Elephant

Today amongst the usual trickle of mail in our post box was a small, brown-papered envelope with a return address of Kampala. It had Tua's name on it so we let her open it. We let her open most of our mail these days. She loves ripping paper from paper. Inside the envelope was a colorful elephant, a gift from her dear friends in Uganda. Tua took to this with great amusement. It even ushered some laughter, which is a new thing for her, though to the untrained ear, it sounds more like a tiger screeching, not that I have ever heard a tiger screech, if that is indeed what tigers do. Below is Tua and the elephant, whom we have (all) named 'Trunkus'.






Dear Joshua and Zara,
Thank you for the gift of the elephant. He is a real treat to carry around from place to place and is much fun to play with. Trunkus will have a good home here. Hope to meet you face to face soon.
Love --- Tua

4 comments:

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

That first picture is too cute! I laughed out loud...while sitting in the house by myself! What wonderful friends you have, Tua, all over the world!

diannasprings said...

Seth and Jenny,
On our local news last night they were showing baby tigers at a zoo in Germany and they actually really do shriek. It was really something because they were so very cute.
From your Aunt Dianna but have to sign in as
diannasprings

Cydil said...

Tuey, You're so cute I want to hug you right now! Looking forward to seeing you in August! your Aunt Cydil

Anonymous said...

aunt hannah love this pitures of tua on the blog I can wait to see you in august I am have at my apartment I have fish in my apartment but they to die aunt hannah said