Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Dashed Crackers

Bug and I usually spend the Fourth of July watching an amazing display of fireworks from our lawn. It is not a municipal display, nor is it put on by a state sanctioned operation. As far as we can tell, its a couple of unknown neighbors five miles down the valley from us who smuggle the visual explosives in on a trailer from South Carolina under the cover of darkness . Tonight, there were no rockets. One of a few things might have happened. The weather might be a factor ( its currently pouring); their trailer might have broken down; their trailer might have blown up; after years of being successfully eluded by this group of Independence Day upstarts, the sherriff might have learned of the launch sight and finally subverted the exercise.

Whatever the reason, we settled for a peaceful evening of the William Tell Overture and Le Marseillaise via radio....instead. Tua slept through the whole piece....even the crashing cymbals at the end.

just like old times....

1 comment:

hannah vanorman said...

I love the pitures of tua on the blog what are you do today I am do my check my e-mail and watch the moveie titanic I buy the special edition copy I talk to cydil on my phone love aunt hannah