Monday, June 11, 2007

Sounds of Summer

As soon as the snow melts here, things begin to turn green. It usually takes the better part of May and June before the gray yeilds to the verdant. In that respect, the line between winter and Spring is easily identified. A different story is the line between Spring and Summer. The signs that summer is on its way are not as clear. A few indicators: an eiry absence of school buses, late evening light, higher gas prices, heat. Today, another sign of the season roared into town. The season of Harley Davidson is upon us. I managed to get one of the proprietors of these monsters to allow me to get close enough for a photo.

2 comments:

Libby Beaty said...

HEY GUYS! This is Libby Beaty writing from Qatar in the Middle East...yep, we live here now. I found you through Nathan and Cydil's blog which I found through Facebook. It's been a loooong time! How are you guys? David is Network Administrator at an International School and I am home with our 2 girls. Tua is beautiful!:) Congrats!

AK said...

Nice bike, I've got to get me one of those! We're going to be in VT in a couple of weeks, are you guys going to be there? (atskishbaugh@hotmail.com)