Monday, November 26, 2007

Junk Mail



Tua received her first piece of junk mail today...what is worse is that it is about planning her first birthday party from Toys R Us. I tried to explain to her that she doesn't need to do all the things described in the brochure to have a nice birthday party. For example, it lists a) selecting a theme 4 weeks before the big day, b) arranging for extra party helpers 3 weeks before the big day, c) buying favors and helium balloons 2 weeks before, and d) calling those who haven't responded to the invitations 2 days before the big day. I suppose Toys R Us is trying to be helpful, but I suspect that Tua has now kicked up her expectations a notch or two since reading this pamphlet. I was thinking more along the lines of simply making a cake.

2 comments:

Cydil said...

That's great! I hope you've saved that flyer for her baby book, especially now that you've taken her photograph with it ;-) We'll have to do something special for her when we get together in January. We'll save you the phone call and RSVP right now.

hannah said...

love pitures of tua with her junk mail I can wait to see you and seth and jenny and tua ifn january I want do special for birthday love aunt hannah