Friday, February 9, 2007

Pancakes, Anyone?

I'm writing this in the hopes that someone with a good heart and a passion for breakfast will read this and be inspired to move to Vermont and run a local fixture. And before I write anymore, I will tell you that I am not in the employ of any agent or broker. Now, the news. Blanche and Bills is up for sale. Rumors of this had been only hearsay up intil two weeks ago, when Blanche herself pulled us aside and broke the news. For those of you reading from afar, Blanche and Bills pancake house has been around for about as long as I. The building itself is a landmark of sorts. The small red cottage that sits off route 4 in Bridgewater has offered a pleasurable breakfast experience for decades. Blanche and Bill moved here in the 70's. They brought with them a pancake recipie that yeilds breakfasts so sumptuous, this eatery has been written up in food reviews the nation over. The reveiw from Gourmet Magazine hangs on the wall below their infamous menu wall paper. It was the first restaurant I was brought to in my life and I am so glad I was able to share it with Tua before it becomes something else. Blanche informs me that her recipie may be included in the sale, provided the buyer is willing to keep it a secret as well. The pancakes REALLY are the best. If you don't believe me, email me and I'll buy you breakfast. (I didn't want this to be all bad news. Blanche has promised to stay open until a buyer is found. That should give folks who want to eat here one last time ample opportunity to do so.)



For info on the sale: www.killingtonvermontrealestate.com (commercial listings)

5 comments:

hannah vanorman said...

hey jenny and seth
I am leave my comment and on your blog

Cydil said...

Oh my goodness! That's huge news! Blanche and Bill's IS really good! I'm so glad you guys took us there during our first visit to Vermont to have that experience, and I'm glad that Tua has had her chance to be photographed with Blanche before they close their doors. Is the name for sale with the business? I'm guessing Blanche and Bill are looking forward to sleeping in for a change. It must get old to get up that early every morning!

AK said...

NO!

tara said...

so when are we going into business together???
I can't handle this news! I am devastated!
Why isn't Tina taking over???

Unknown said...

Oh no. Say it aint so. I'm going to be sure to get breakfast a few more times!