It is believed that insomnia is a physical representation of overwhelming stress in ones life. That may very well be the case, but recent events in my life beg me to differ. Tua has adopted a sleep pattern that would try even the most patient sort. We are not sleeping much as a rule and from what we have been told, this is not likely to change anytime soon. I'll gladly get up to change a diaper or rock a fussing baby back to sleep anytime of the night. Were you to ask me a year ago what my thoughts were concerning rising from a warm bed on a cold night for any reason, I would have had a different outlook.
Tua is sleeping soundly right now. She went down about forty minutes ago and we're hoping for five hours of sleep tonight. So that will put us up at 4 am. Bug will be the first out of bed, I'll be right behind her bumbling my way through the darkness with nothing to guide me but Tua's ardent cry. I'll insist on changing the diaper as this task is the one small contribution I am physically able to make for the comfort of our daughter. Hopefully, by this point I'll be somewhat awake and won't have to bumble groggily through the procedure. Once this is done, I shall hand her off to Bug for early breakfast. I will try to stay awake to keep their company. From the last three night experience however, this is unlikely. I'll be asleep within minutes.
Before you lambast me for my slothful approach to night-parenting, I would like to inform you, reader, that we just invested in a pump. This means that, within a few days of now, I shall have the task of the evening feeds. If anyone deserves a rest, it's Bug. She's been the real star of the whole event.
Tua is sleeping soundly right now. She went down about forty minutes ago and we're hoping for five hours of sleep tonight. So that will put us up at 4 am. Bug will be the first out of bed, I'll be right behind her bumbling my way through the darkness with nothing to guide me but Tua's ardent cry. I'll insist on changing the diaper as this task is the one small contribution I am physically able to make for the comfort of our daughter. Hopefully, by this point I'll be somewhat awake and won't have to bumble groggily through the procedure. Once this is done, I shall hand her off to Bug for early breakfast. I will try to stay awake to keep their company. From the last three night experience however, this is unlikely. I'll be asleep within minutes.
Before you lambast me for my slothful approach to night-parenting, I would like to inform you, reader, that we just invested in a pump. This means that, within a few days of now, I shall have the task of the evening feeds. If anyone deserves a rest, it's Bug. She's been the real star of the whole event.
2 comments:
hey jenny and seth
love the new posting on your blog and love piture of tua i am leave my comment on your blog aunt hannah said
Hey - I'm glad that A.B. Penn has found an outlet for his creative writing.
Take care guys,
Aaron
Post a Comment