Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday 9am





Much of the morning is spent at rest

Waking for a leisurly lay-about until 6:15

At which point the words start to come and

I am helpless as I pull phrases from this nest

and burst them suddenly from my lips

Surely they make sense to whoever it is who hear

Entering this hallowed space

Catering to needs I was not aware of

Within minutes after they appear


Time is spent adjusting light

and the temperature of the bathwater

Cannot help but be made right

Heat the towels for my descent from

The basin to the floor

Dry me down and dress me up

with colors that will make me blush
Walk with me around the rooms
Watch the minutes as they gather into pools of time
Sleep will come to both of us
You have the balance of the day ahead
But I shall sleep by Nine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jenny and seth and tua
love the pitures of tua in her car seat and leave my comment on your blog aunt hannah said

Cydil said...

Wow, Tua's changing! Can't wait to see you all at Easter!!!
How's the tele-commuting working out, Bug?