Sunday, March 11, 2007

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite

Here is another timeless tip for sending a newborn off to sleep: Power-rocking. This will only work for infants that are motion addicts (love to move and the world might as well have ended if they stop). Tua is a motion addict. So after she is swaddled as tightly as can be, I take her in my arms and, holding her about six inches away from me, swing her up into the air and then back down again, almost like I'm painting a floor to ceiling canvas with one single brush-stroke. This makes her very happy and content for some reason and after about two minutes or so, she is out for the night. She won't even stir when I put her into the crib.

Movie recommendation of the day: DON"T watch Scorsece's The Aviator. Artistic portraits of actual characters are best kept as scripted biography.

No comments: