Today is the third day of Spring and I am pleased to say that warmer temperatures have crept their way into Vermont, at least for the immediate present. It was warm enough to take Tua out into the world for a walk in the woods without first bundling her beyond recognition. Because her head was free from blankets and woolen scarves, she was able to see. She kept her eyes open throughout the entirety of our amble through the woods. At a stream crossing, her ears caught the sound of rushing water and her eyes tracked the sound to its source. We paused just to watch her gaze at the stream below us. It made me wish that I had the retentive capacity to recall the first time I saw water moving over rock. For the rest of the short hike, she was gurgling loudly as her eyes darted from object to object along our path.
Friday, March 23, 2007
The Good South Wind
Today is the third day of Spring and I am pleased to say that warmer temperatures have crept their way into Vermont, at least for the immediate present. It was warm enough to take Tua out into the world for a walk in the woods without first bundling her beyond recognition. Because her head was free from blankets and woolen scarves, she was able to see. She kept her eyes open throughout the entirety of our amble through the woods. At a stream crossing, her ears caught the sound of rushing water and her eyes tracked the sound to its source. We paused just to watch her gaze at the stream below us. It made me wish that I had the retentive capacity to recall the first time I saw water moving over rock. For the rest of the short hike, she was gurgling loudly as her eyes darted from object to object along our path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey seth and jenny
love this pitures of tua on the blog aunt hannah said and leave my cooment on the blog hannah said
Post a Comment