Monday, March 5, 2007
Awry and Demand
The weekend here did not go nearly as close to what we had planned on. Saturday evening, the symptoms of whatever minor cold Tua had began to manifest themselves in me as something greater and by Sunday morning, I felt like browsing for coffins. It is now Monday evening and I have the energy to eat which in itself is a step in the right direction. For me, the most difficult part of any illness is the apparent inability to contribute anything to the threads and patterns that make up the course of a day. Never did that aprehension have less merit than today. I was still under the weather but I managed to muster enough strength to bring Tua through her routines of morning, noon, and early evening, as Bug was out to town. I must have looked like a proper bandit to her as I was wearing a bandana to keep my germs off her face. She didn't seem to mind. I had no voice, but she seemed to love my hoarse, tune-less rendition of Amazing Grace. I almost coaxed a laugh out of her when "bright shining as the sun" took off for another key in a higher octave all together. Today was also the day when I learned how much Bug does for Tua. The list of tasks and assignments on Bug's schedule is long; that I knew. What I didn't realize was that amidst the tasks that make up the care and nurture of an infant, there is a clear pattern which makes the day much more fluid. Bug has this scheduling thing down to clockwork. I hope to never take for granted this skill she weilds. Tua will grow all the stronger for it, and I shall endeavor to do my best to sustain it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Humming Amazing Grace? Did you see the film yet? You should go see it! Very good!
Kudos on being Mr. Mom & sick at the same time! Hope you get better soon!
Post a Comment