Thursday, March 29, 2007
Maps and How to Pay for Them
This blog now has a ClusterMap feature. For no cost, we are able to see where on the world map some of the hits on this site are coming from. I confess, it appeals to the voyer in me to have this random bit of information (regardless of how accurate it might be) accessible. There seems to be no hangups with this system so far. Spam levels haven't spiked and our credit cards seem to be in order. ClusterMap, however, must have some means of putting bread on the table. If you click on the map on the bottom left of this page, you will be redirected to the designated site upon which our map is layed out in larger scale. Above the map you will note a series of advertisments by various internet groups. If you glance through these, you will find that the subject matter of the most recent blogs is the variable from which is drawn the theme of the days advertisments. Thursday of last week was the day we added the map's html to the layout. Thursday was the day that I had written briefly of the incident with the stream running through our basement. By 9:30 the next morning, ClusterMap had posted five ads on our map page. Every advert heralded the best solution to a wet basement. The ads change each day, and each day I am amazed what the marketeers who read these pages come up with that might pique my interest enough to want to hit their site. Yesterday, I saw one of the more amusing ads that ClusterMaps has generated. We have some friends who recently posted on their blog pictures they had taken while at the zoo. The post also included a short story of a monkey snatching a biscuit away from their daughter. The first day their ClusterMap came online, the ads were centered on the animal kingdom including ads for animal ringtones. One ad read---MONKEY- BID FOR MONKEYS ON EBAY.....Now there's an auction I'd like to witness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Clustrmaps sure know how to advertise...maybe I should get commission on giving them the ideas on what to put on their webpage...
hey jenny and seth
I can wait to see and tua for ester and can wait for you see my apartemnt week of ester i am leave my comment on your blog hannah said
Post a Comment